Good evening everyone (its 6:30 p.m. as I type),
So at the moment my YouTube subscription box is crammed full of videos where the YouTuber in question is giving me information of their top 12 make up products of 2012. Some are top 10, top 5 so on and so forth – I am sure you get the picture! Anyways, it gave me a capital idea of doing my own countdown of my top 12 atheist podcasts of 2012! I will include all the necessary links so you can have a listen to the same educational goodness as me 😀
Anyways without further ado let the countdown begin:
12. The Atheist Experience, 16th January 2012 – Episode 744: The Failure of Prayer
11. The Thinking Atheist, 7th March 201: More Facepalm Moments
10. The Non Prophets, Episode 11.6: “The Free Will Episode” – Uploaded 26th July 2012 (Please note, 4 other episodes were uploaded on the same day)
9. Penn’s Sunday School, 24th September 2012: Give me Bacon and Stay at my House
8. The Thinking Atheist, 25th January 2012: Harry Potter is of the Devil!
7. The Thinking Atheist, 1st February 2012: Is Evolution A Fact (with special guest AronRa)
6. The Atheist Experience, 13th February 2012 – Episode 748: The Failure of the Second Coming
5. The Atheist Experience, 14th May 2012 – Episode 761: The Argument from Ignorance
4. The Atheist Experience, 9th April 2012 – Episode 756: Did Jesus Exist?
3. Penn’s Sunday School, 17th December 2012: Crabs as Big as Dogs – Oh F**k!
2. The Atheist Experience, 3rd December 2012 – Episode 790: Sex and God (with special guest Darrel Ray)
1. The Thinking Atheist, 16th October 2012: The Church of Satan
***Special mention goes to The Atheist Experience, Episode 795: Argument From “Making Sense.” I know that this was broadcast in 2013 this month but it was the most powerful episode I have ever listened to from The Atheist Experience. As I type this, this episode is the most recent one so (if you have not had the chance to listen as yet) I highly recommend you listen to it now!***
Links for you to enjoy at your leisure 😀
Each aforementioned podcast for me have their own style that I love:
1. Penn’s Sunday School is a bundle of fun and comedy every single week, I always find myself laughing every episode!
2. I love how with the Non Prophets it is a conversation amongst a group of peers. It feels like I am a fly on the wall whilst prominent atheists well known on the web have conversations about at the moment topics flying about within the atheist community.
3. The Atheist Experience is for me, attending a weekly class on atheism. I fail to not learn something new each week. The dumber the caller, the more I learn! Matt Dillahunty is superb but Tracie Harris is an amazing supernova and she deserves a lot more credit. What she says is articulate and well informed.
4. The Thinking Atheist is a podcast that is for me the most accessible. I would always direct a new atheist to listen to this podcast first like me 🙂 The presenter, Seth Andrews, comes across as very friendly (I am sure he is friendly if you know him personally as well) and his shows are always entertaining. He regularly updates his Facebook page continuing to take the time to have a conversation with his listeners and Facebook followers.
And that is it for this evening folks. Do you agree with my countdown, especially what I picked as my number one podcast? The reason I picked it was because it was the most unique and “out there” atheist podcast of 2012. I really believe that no one else would have thought to have the Church of Satan as topic. What was equally as impressive was that Seth (The Thinking Atheist Host) was able to get the high priest of the Church of Satan to call in and contribute to the proceedings! It was a fun and equally informative podcast. I appreciate how Seth chooses to push the boundaries of topics to be discussed.
I realised when I compiled this list that I am very limited in what atheist based podcasts I actually subscribe to.
Do you have any suggestions for any new shows for me to listen to for 2013?